The Path of the Feral Heart is a Path of Enlightenment practiced among the Sabbat, especially by members of Clan Gangrel. It controls the Beast by accepting its urges as natural and accepting their role as a hunter among hunters. It is a variant of the Path of the Beast, and splintered from the Path of Harmony.
- Survival is your first concern.
- Politics or technology simply get in the way of the hunt.
- Learn to strike a balance with your Beast. Engage in the brutal actions necessary to survive, but retain your intelligence and cunning.
- The “natural world” is an illusion. All things must live according to their forms, and even civilization is natural because it is the form of humanity.
- Although fire can kill you, you must master your fear so that you kan kill those who whould use it against you.
- Whether running alone or with a pack, your loyalities must be absolute. You have no time for shiftning allegiances.
Hierarchy of Sins
|Morality Rating||Moral Guideline||Rationale|
|10||Hunting with means other than your own vampiric powers.||The perfect hunter needs no tools.|
|9||Engaging in politics.||Political struggles don’t yield sustenance.|
|8||Remaining in the presence of fire or sunlight, except to kill an enemy||There’s no sense in courting Final Death.|
|7||Acting in a overly cruel manner||Death is natural; feeding is natural; Torture and cruelty aren’t.|
|6||Failing to sate your hunger.||The vampire’s purpose is to feed.|
|5||Failing to support your allies.||Support your family, and it’ll support you.|
|4||Killing without need.||A dead vessel may not be fed from in the future.|
|3||Failing to follow ones instincts.||Instinct is the basis of predatory nature.|
|2||Killing a creature for other reasons than for survival||A kill’s purpose is sustenance.|
|1||Refusing to kill to survive.||Vampires are hunters; everyone else is the hunted.|